Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hoppy Wheat (take 2)

Ella stopped by Ryan's house to help me brew last weekend!!



I am trying to keep better track of what I brew this year, and it looks like the Hoppy Wheat I brewed last weekend is batch #3 on the year. Last Memorial Day I brewed what was initially envisioned as a Hop Sun clone - it turned in to an all Columbus interpretation, and I was generally pleased with the results. (Edwin has more pics here). The 2008 version was a little high on the bitterness, so I toned down the first addition a bit in this take - we'll see how it turns out, but it tasted nice when I racked it today.

7 lbs. German 2-row Pils info
3 lbs. White Wheat Malt info
6.5 oz. Crystal Malt 10°L info
1.5 oz. Crystal Malt 20°L info
.25 oz. Columbus (Pellets, 14.2 %AA) boiled 60 min. info
.75 oz. Columbus (Pellets, 14.2 %AA) boiled 15 min. info
1 oz. Columbus (Pellets, 14.2 %AA) boiled 5 min. info
Yeast : DCL Yeast Safale US-05


Here is a photo of last year's attempt:

No comments: