Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hop Dunkel

2010 Batch #2 - Dunkelweizen
(brewed 01/16)

SOGO Brewday v2.0 is scheduled for January 16th at Nick's house in Pottsvegas. I was not sure what to brew, so I kind of took the easy way out when I decided to try and turn my Hoppy Wheat into a hoppy dunkelweizen. Style guidelines be damned, the hop profile works, so I am rolling with it. Hop Dunkel it is!

I have no idea what to expect with this one, but I am sure that brewing it will be fun!

7 lbs. German Vienna info
3 lbs. White Wheat Malt info
8 oz. Crystal Malt 60°L info
5 oz. American Chocolate Malt info
.25 oz. Columbus (Pellets, 14.2 %AA) boiled 60 min. info
.75 oz. Columbus (Pellets, 14.2 %AA) boiled 15 min. info
1 oz. Columbus (Pellets, 14.2 %AA) boiled 5 min. info
Yeast : Fermentis US-05 Safale US-05 info


Predicted Dunkelweizen Compliance
Original Gravity 1.053 1.044 - 1.056
100 %
Terminal Gravity 1.012 1.010 - 1.014
100 %
Color 17.39 °SRM 13.00 - 23.00 °SRM
100 %
Bitterness 37.6 IBU 10.00 - 18.00 IBU
0 %
Alcohol (%volume) 5.4 % 4.30 - 5.60 %
100 %

80 % overall

No comments: